Roger Capron, Decorative panel in lead, 1960's
Roger Capron, signed, realized in the 1960’s. Cut, engraved and gilt panel in lead representing a armed horserider. His armour is highlighted with gilt lines. The ground is also gilt as weel as one flower which come off the stylized horse.
Roger Capron (1922-2006) is a French ceramist. He studied at the School of Applied Arts in Paris until 1943. In 1946, he gave up drawing to devote himself to ceramics. He will participate in the renaissance of ceramics in Vallauris, where he joins forces with Jean Derval and Robert Picault, to create the "Callis" workshop. Roger Capron made, from 1955, earthenware tiles as well as tables, which will be awarded at the Milan Triennale. Subsequently, he collaborated with the director Jean-Michel Carré, and Philipe Sicardon, to make the ceramic decorations for the Hotel Byblos in Saint-Tropez. In 1970 he will receive the International Ceramics Prize for his body of work.